Thursday 16 August 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delectable, melt in your mouth cookies are slightly crisp on the outside but are soft and chewy on the inside. They have a gooey, chocolatey centre which can only be created by using hand chopped chocolate chunks and the addition of vinegar make these chocolate chip cookies truly amazing.


200g (14 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
200g (1 cup) light brown muscavado sugar
100g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
1 whole egg + 1egg yolk
1 tsp vinegar (apple cider or white)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
300g (2 cups) Chocolate chunks/chips (I used milk chocolate)


In a large bowl beat together the melted butter and both the sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and egg yolk one at a time.

Add the vanilla extract, salt, vinegar and bicarbonate of soda and mix until combined.

Add the flour and gently fold it into the batter, finally fold in the chocolate chunks. Refrigerate the cookie dough for around 3 hours

Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius (325F) and prepare two cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.

Using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, each ball 3" apart as they will spread.

Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are slightly golden. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the tray until you can move them without breaking them.

The cookies can be stored in air-tight container for upto 3-4 days.




9 comments:

  1. I've never used vinegar in cookies before! It helps make vegan cake nice and light, so I can only imagine what it would do for a cookie. These sound amazing and I can't wait to try them. Thanks for participating in the Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the vinegar as well and will have to give these a try! Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! The vinegar really helps to keep the cookies moist and gives it a slight unique taste. I hope you both enjoy them as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these tonight. And I love them. This is now my go to recipe for chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna! I'm glad you liked them :)

      Delete
  5. My boyfriend claims these are the best cookies ever!! Thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your boyfriend liked them, thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. Awesomeness in the shape of a cookie

    ReplyDelete